Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana 2017 – Government of Punjab has given his approval to launch an ambitious housing scheme named as Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana 2017 (PSAY-2017). To consider this matter to launch Punjab Free Housing Scheme 2017 to provide Free Houses to SC/BC Families. A meeting was organized, as a conclusion it was decided that free houses will be provided to Urban SC/BC families. For the implementation of Punjab Free Housing Scheme 2017, PUDA has identified land spread over 207.73 acre in 17 towns.
Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana 2017 for SC/BC families will be implemented into 2 phases, we have mentioned all details below:
Phase-I: in the first phase, free houses will be available to those poor families whose annual income is Rs. 3 lakh or less. 8,000 dwelling units will be constructed on 102 acre land.
Phase-II: Families having maximum annual income of Rs. 5 lakh will be provided free houses.
Details of Houses
Since government is providing free houses to SC/BC families, the cost of houses will different for categories:
cost of houses does not include the cost of land & external charges (land was being provided free of cost).
Government found that population of Punjab is 2.77 crore out of which 37.49% population is residing in urban areas, so Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana 2017 becomes compulsory to be implemented soon.
Government has ensured to provide free houses to each eligible family & to make affordable houses to every genuine candidate.
Benefits of Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana 2017
- For the construction of houses, government has associated with E.D.C. & C.L.U. to provide subsidy to private developers so that low cost or affordable houses can be easily be constructed.
- Eligible candidates (Maximum Annual Income Rs.3 lakh) will not be charged for following services:
Social Infrastructure Funds
- Following candidates will be given facility of subsidized loan.
LIG candidates – maximum Annual Income Rs. 6 lakh
MIG candidates – maximum Annual Income Rs. 18 lakh
Eligibility Punjab Shehri Awas Yojana 2017
Rural Development, Local Body Department or other department would provide free houses to candidates, who meet the following requirements:
- Candidates having land that is suitable to be converted into EWS House, Housing & Urban Development Department would construct free house for them.
- S.L.S.M.C. may use land as per his decision in case, if land is identified as owned by other department (except candidate).
Recently government has approved Punjab Free Housing Scheme 2017, more details will be uploaded about registrations & application forms to get a free house. We will upload all details soon, keep visiting us for more information.