Punjab Department of Housing and Urban Development has issued the New Affordable Housing Policy 2020 so that affordable housing can be facilitated for lower and middle class people in the state. Punjab Affordable Housing Policy 2020 in supersession of the earlier policy issued vide notification 12/01/18-5hg2/1323 dated 15/07/2020.
To make houses available on affordable price to the lower and lower middle income families in the state, Punjab Housing and Urban Development Department has notified affordable colony policy. The Policy has been formulated t encourage the promoters to opt for small size residential plotted and flatted development, so that affordable plots and houses could be made available to the weaker strata of the society.
Punjab Housing & Urban Development Minister Mr. Sukhbinder Singh Sarkaria said that chief minister Captain Amarinder Singh led Punjab government is committed to fulfil the housing needs of the residents of the state, especially the economically deprived section, so the government has formulated the affordable colony policy.
Punjab Affordable Housing Policy 2020
Policy shall be applicable to
- Areas developed/ approved by Department of Housing and Urban Development
- In residential and mixed land use zones in Master Plans
- In 3 km belt around municipal limits even if it is outside Master Plan
- The minimum site are for the plotted or plotted group housing mixed shall be 5 acres and for group housing only the ares shall be 2 acres
- Minimum area under park shall be 8% of the effective site area
- Community centre shall be 4% of effective site area
- Maximum saleable are shall be 60% of the effective site area
- Other building bye laws shall be applicable
- Developer shall be free to sell the EWS units without the restrictions of PAPRA in regards
- The 5 Acres of limitation shall not apply to colonies already approved for affordable housing
- Clubbing of two or more plots shall not be applicable
- Density norms shall not apply
Notification of Punjab Affordable Housing Policy 2020 PDF
Punjab Government Department of Housing and Urban Development, Punjab notification of new affordable housing policy 2020 can be downloaded from below link in PDF format
The Helpline Number of Punjab Urban Planning & Development Authority (PUDA) :- +91-172-2215202
Visit official website of Punjab Urban Planning & Development Authority (PUDA) https://www.puda.gov.in/ for more information