Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh Government has decided to construct 11,286 homes under first phase Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.The Uttar Pradesh government will build 11,286 homes in 32 cities across the sate. This information is shared by Shri Yogi Adityanath Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
The Uttar Pradesh government will be spent Rs.384.59 crore for construction of these homes. 11,286 homes under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana first phase will be provided to those people whose annual house hold income is less than Rs.3Lakh. For C housing scheme, around 20 lakh people of Uttar Pradesh have submitted application form for these houses.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna Scheme Highlights
- Approved First DPR (Detailed Project Report) under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Uttar Pradesh
- 11,286 houses will be constructed in 32 cities and towns of Uttar Pradesh under fist phase of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Total funds for construction of houses would be about 384.59 crore.
- 20 Lakh people have already applied for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Uttar Pradesh
- Central government 60% and State government 40% would bear the cost of construction of houses.
The construction of more than one lakh houses has approved by centre for urban poor with investment of Rs. 4,200 crore under PMAY urban.
The Central government has approved more than 18.75 lakh homes construction for EWS (economical weaker section) in 2151 cities and towns across the country under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. The scheme was originally launched by PM Narendra Modi in June 2015 to benefit the weaker segment of the society. The aim of the scheme is providing affordable housing to mainly EWS, LIG categories and also benefits the MIG category.