The government has released first installment for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) in Silwani Tehsil in Madhya Pradesh for the construction of house under Housing for All mission. Installment amount has been transferred directly to their bank accounts.
4,600 beneficiaries have got first installment of Rs. 40,000/- & 2,417 beneficiaries got second installment. Those candidates were selected on basis of Socio-Economic Census 2011. it has been ensured that beneficiaries have started construction of house.
Government has set a target to provide affordable houses to 15,000 beneficiaries in current financial year.
Size of houses being provided to beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is 280 sq. meter, including one room, one kitchen & Porch (Veranda). All candidates are required to follow all standards, which have been set by officials for construction of houses.
Next/further installments will not be transferred to beneficiaries unless they follow all measures & standards of construction.
Payment of Installments
Amount for construction of house will be paid in 3 installments, we have explained all 3 methods of paying installments:
- First Installment of Rs. 1.20 lakh will be transferred to bank accounts of each beneficiary.
- Construction is to be started within 10 days after receiving installment.
- All beneficiaries are required to present proof of construction (Photograph & Location of construction) to make sure that installments are being used for right purpose.
- After presenting required proof, next installment will be provided.
- Installments are refundable in case beneficiary use installment for other purpose (Not for construction of house)