Government of Andhra Pradesh has come up with a new housing scheme named as PMAY-NTR Nagar Housing Scheme with a motive to provide affordable houses for urban poor. Around 1.93 lakh housing units will be constructed for poor families in urban areas of the state under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY).
PMAY-NTR Nagar Scheme
- PMAY-NTR Nagar Scheme aims to provide houses to poor families in urban areas of the state.
- Construction of 1.20 lakh houses has been started in 38 selected cities & towns of the state & 41,000 independent houses will also be constructed.
- Government has approved construction about 1,20,106 houses in urban areas of Andhra Pradesh as per Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (MHUPA). Total estimated cost of 1.93 lakh houses is Rs. 11,530 crore.
- Government has ensured to maintain quality in constructing houses under PMAY. To fulfill this requirement, this housing project will be executed in association with Japan. Selected areas for constructing houses will be called as PMAY-NTR Nagar.
- Beneficiaries will be provided financial assistance through various components of PMAY-U.
- For allotment of houses, officials of Central, State Governments & Urban Local Bodies have decided to invite applications online & offline through PMAY Demand Survey in selected areas or cities of the state.