Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin an ambitious housing scheme approved by PM Narendra Modi. PMAY-G housing scheme aims to provide affordable houses to people living in rural areas, which was launched all over the country excluding Delhi & Chandigarh. Selection process of beneficiaries will be done through date of Socio-Economics Caste Census 2011. Beneficiaries of this scheme will get unskilled wage labor for 90/95 days under MGNREGA. Which will be directly deposited to their bank accounts.
Key Features of PMAY-G
Here are some key features of this housing scheme, we have explained below:
|Sr. No.||Area Type||Allowance to be Given||Ratio of Construction Cost Divided between Central & State Govt.|
|01||Plain Area||Rs. 120,000||6:4|
|02||Hilly or North-Eastern Areas||Rs. 130,000||9:1|
- Government has set a target to build 1 crore Pucca houses within upcoming 3 years & 4 crore houses all over the country by the year 2022.
- Government decided to increase size of housing unit including dedicated area for hygienic area upto 25 sq. meter, which were 20 sq. meter earlier.
- A budget of Rs. 81,975 crore has been allotted for this purpose & time period form 2016-17 to 2018-19 has been set up for the completion of PMAY-G.
- Budget will be collected through various sources, Rs. 60,000 crore will be contributed through budgetary allocations & rest of amount will come from Nabard.
PMAY-G Home Loan Scheme 2017
- 3% Assistance in interest is applicable on any home loan of Rs. 2 lakh (Taken in 2017) for maintenance or upgradation of house under PMAY-G.
- An optional loan of Rs. 70,000/- will also be given to beneficiaries for construction of houses.
Eligibility Criteria for PMAY-G
Candidates will be rejected from original SECC Data List on basis of below parameters, candidate should not own any of them:
Motorized two/three/four wheeler/ Fishing Boat.
Mechanized three/ four wheeler Agricultural Equipment.
Kisan Credit Card with credit limit of Rs.50,000 or above.
Household with any member as a Government employee.
Households with Non-Agricultural Enterprises registered with the Government.
Any family member earning Rs.10,000 or more monthly.
Paying Income Tax.
Paying Professional Tax.
Own a Refrigerator.
Own Landline Phone.
Own 2.5 acres or more of irrigated land with at least one irrigation equipment.
5 acres or more of irrigated land for two or more crop seasons.
Owning at least 7.5 acres of land or more with at least one irrigation equipment.
For more information you are advised to visit below link:
Official Website: pmayg.nic.in