Government of Maharashtra has decided to launch 50,000 houses for Project Affected People (PAP) in Mumbai’s Vidya Vihar, Bhandup and Mahul under Affordable housing Scheme 2017. There is a high demand for affordable house in Mumbai. Thus government had already proposed to construct over 100 houses in Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR).
Highlights of Affordable Housing Scheme 2017
- Government had a target to construct 20 lakh houses in a span of 5 years. People were not ready to live in those houses.
- Now government has announced to use these house for people under Affordable Housing Scheme 2017 to rehabilitate people.
- The area of houses for PAP’s announced by Mumbai Government is 250 sq. meter in Mahul & Trombay area.
- More than 23,059 houses have been allotted to Brihan-Mumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) & 24,824 houses allotted to Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA).
- Such units will be provided to candidates willing to buy affordable housing units under Affordable Housing Scheme 2017 Maharashtra.